Qualcomm India Private Limited
Qualcomm India Private Limited
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Machine Learning Engineering
We are looking for an AI Performance System Software Engineer to work on performance and power enhancements into the SW and HW stacks and SW tools of state-of-the-art machine learning solutions on Snapdragon platform.
As a member of the team responsible for AI performance on Snapdragon compute platform, you will have opportunity to represent requirements of Windows on Snapdragon application developers for multiple AI use-cases and ensure the Snapdragon AI platform, and tools deliver the industry leading performance and power through automated app development workflows. You will work to continuously evolve the benchmarking and optimization of reference AI networks that will serve as relevant, minimum performant examples to application developers for Windows on Snapdragon. You will develop and implement improvements into the SW stack including SDK, Tools, and documentation that will directly impact the ease of use and performance realization by Windows Application Developers on Snapdragon. You will work closely with development leads, software, and hardware architects.
Ideal candidate has knowledge of state of the art in AI for one of the domains such as Computer Vision, Audio, Generative AI and 1-2 years’ experience in optimization for performance on GPU, NPU.
• Understand trends in ML network design, through customer engagements and latest academic research, and determine how this will affect both SW and HW design
• Analyze ML/AI algorithms and workloads on exploratory and existing Qualcomm HW and SW stacks through simulation and on-device characterization
• Develop and perform comprehensive AI benchmark tests on Windows on Snapdragon using debug, analysis, and optimization tools
• Tune algorithms for ML/AI using compilers, kernels and HW features to improve mappings of ML/AI workloads on NPU, GPU, CPU on Snapdragon
• Contribute new features and designs to system design of future SoCs that reduce performance bottlenecks through the workflow
Skills and Experience:
• Experience in algorithm development and performance analysis using profiling tools, and methods
• Knowledge of state of the art in AI models for one or more of the domains such as Computer Vision, Audio, Generative AI
• Exposure to front-end ML frameworks (i.e.,TensorFlow, PyTorch, ONNX)
• Knowledge of computer architecture, embedded system implementations a plus
• Strong software engineering principles are essential
• Ability to code in C, C++ and Python
• Experience with performance optimization of AI on GPU, NPU, CPU a plus
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving, analytical, and debugging skills
• Demonstrated ability to learn, think and adapt in a fast-changing environment
• 3+ years’ experience in Software in AI system optimization
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 2+ years of Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 1+ year of Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
To apply for this job please visit app.eightfold.ai.