Qualcomm India Private Limited
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Hardware Engineering
You would be joining a team with deep expertise in designing Modem IP for market leading products over several generations of Cellular technology.
In this role,
you would be working on cutting edge next-generation Modem IP designs for the latest cellular technologies for mobile phones, wearables and IOT chips.
The candidate would join a team of highly experienced architects/designers to create high performance digital signal processing logic for PHY layer processing.
The role entails working on the latest technology nodes on all aspects of the VLSI development cycle – architecture, micro architecture, RTL design and integration along with close interactions with system architecture, verification, SoC Design, Validation, Synthesis & PD teams for design convergence.
2-10 years of experience in FPGA or ASIC design (architecture, Verilog/VHDL, simulation, synthesis, on-target test, associated CAD tools)
Verilog (ideally System Verilog) preferred over VHDL, but either works.
Knowledge in digital communications, signal processing, and wireless physical layer specifications
Understanding and use of high speed interfaces such as PCIe, 25/40/50/100GbE, SRIO, and AXI/AMBA
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Engineering, or related field and 1+ year of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Engineering, or related field.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
• 3+ years of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years of experience with circuit design (e.g., digital, analog, RF).
• 2+ years of experience utilizing schematic capture and circuit simulation software.
• 2+ years of experience with hardware design and measurement instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF tools, etc.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Applies Hardware knowledge and experience to plan, optimize, verify, and test electronic systems, bring-up yield, circuits, mechanical systems, Digital/Analog/RF/optical systems, equipment and packaging, test systems, FPGA, and/or DSP systems.
• Integrates features and functionality into hardware designs in line with proposals or roadmaps.
• Conducts simulations and analyses of designs as well as implements designs with the best power, performance, and area.
• Collaborates with teams (e.g., design, verification, validation, software and systems engineering, architecture development teams, etc.) to implement new requirements and incorporate the latest test solutions in the production program to improve the yield, test time, and quality.
• Evaluates, characterizes, and develops the manufacturing solutions for leading edge products in processes and bring-up product to meet customer expectations and schedules.
• Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, and techniques and brings innovation, automation, and optimization to maximize productivity.
• Assists in the assessment of complex design features to identify potential flaws, compatibility issues, and/or compliance issues.
• Writes detailed technical documentation for Hardware projects.
Level of Responsibility:
• Works independently with minimal supervision.
• Decision-making may affect work beyond immediate work group.
• Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey information. May require basic negotiation, influence, tact, etc.
• Tasks require multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning, problem-solving, and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively.
Applicants: If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
To apply for this job please visit app.eightfold.ai.