Qualcomm India Private Limited
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Machine Learning Engineering
We are looking for an experienced AI System Software Engineer to drive comprehensiveness and enhancement of Performance Optimization tools of state-of-the-art machine learning solutions on Snapdragon platform.
As a senior member of the team responsible for the AI application developer experience on Snapdragon compute platform, you will have opportunity to represent the portability and optimization SW tools requirements of Windows on Snapdragon application developers for multiple AI use-cases and ensure the Snapdragon AI platform tools deliver the advertised industry leading AI performance and power on Windows on Snapdragon through automated app development workflows. You will also drive technical initiatives to continuously benchmark the AI optimization workflow on reference AI networks that will serve as relevant, reference case studies for application developers for Windows on Snapdragon. You will drive improvements into the SW stack including SDK, Tools, and documentation that will directly impact the ease of use and performance realization by Windows Application Developers on Snapdragon. You will work closely with development leads, software and hardware architects, project engineers, product managers, customer engineers, OEMs, OS partners and application developers.
Ideal candidate has extensive expertise in using AI/ML tools/workflow preferably on Windows on CPU, GPU, NPU, iterative log analysis and performance tuning of one or more of Computer Vision, Audio, LVM, LLM applications.
• Understand trends in ML model design, and workflow through application developer engagements and latest academic research
• Be the gate keeper for KPIs for AI development tools on Windows on Snapdragon in terms of level of automation, ease of use, and resulting performance and accuracy preservation
• Competitive benchmarking of tools and workflow on competitive platforms on state-of-the-art models
• Develop methodology to continuously characterize the Snapdragon AI tools and recommended workflow on Windows on Snapdragon using state of the art models
• Drive the creation and enhancement of AI performance debug, analysis, and optimization tools for AI application development for Windows on Snapdragon so that Application Developers have nil to very low barrier to entry for Windows on Snapdragon
• Interface with 3rd party application developers and other cross-site and cross-functional teams to arrive at best-in-class performant tools, and documentation that are directly leveraged by 3rd party app developers for Windows on Snapdragon
• Contribute new features and designs to the Qualcomm AI toolkit to enhance the workflow experience of Application Developers
Skills and Experience:
• Excellent understanding of AI frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch), GPU programming, and parallel computing. Experience with large language models/foundational models development and deployment a plus
• Good Understanding of complete AI Software stack and familiarity with AI performance tuning techniques on GPU, NPU based systems
• Experience with performance optimization of AI application on Windows using optimization tools/libraries/primitives on GPU, NPU a plus
• Experience in full workflow involved in training and deployment of models on servers and porting to client Windows compute platforms involving model inference deployment and performance tuning
• Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, C++
• Experience in compiler design and development for AI is an asset
• Excellent communication skills to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical and technical stakeholders.
• Strong leadership abilities to motivate and guide development teams.
• Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving, analytical, and debugging skills
• Demonstrated ability to learn, think and adapt in a fast-changing environment
• Familiarity with software development methodologies, version control systems, and agile project management practices.
• 10+ years’ experience in High Performance Computing System Engineering or Software with 5+ years in AI system optimization
• Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 6+ years of Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 5+ years of Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 4+ years of Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related w
To apply for this job please visit app.eightfold.ai.