Job ID 00000390584
Location Bengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing India team is currently looking for Software Engineers to join their team in Bangalore. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Global Services business organization.
• Work in an Agile Scrum team following the best practices in Software development such as Testdriven development and Pair Programming/Peer Reviews.
• Design, develop and shape solutions to enhance our offerings to the Customer.
This may include development of tools, and Business Support applications and solutions to support Content Development, Administration and other Business needs
• Ensure Quality is delivered at all stages for both internal and external users and needs.
• Develop/decompose, document and maintain designs for applications
• Work as part of a cross-functional, agile development team embracing scrum approach
• Contribute to ensuring high-quality code through following best practices and design patterns
• Design and write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• At least 2+ years’ experience working in an Agile environment; Working knowledge of Agile principles, methods, and frameworks (Scrum, XP, Kanban)
• Knowledge in developing Azure cloud based applications
• Good understanding of Microservices, CI/CD and other dev ops concepts
• Experience on creating and maintaining database stored procedures, views and other functions.
• Experience on working with geographical spread teams across time zones
• Experience on interaction with customers and/or user groups
• Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
• Experience in Windows and UNIX operating systems
• Ability to test and debug developed applications
• Ability to document all program and application development activities
• Ability to develop good user interfaces
• Experience with collaboration, configuration control, integration and testing tools (For example Jira, Git, Maven, Selenium)
Bachelor, Master or equivalent degree preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Experience in automation testing script development
• Experience in Devops/Cloud Services CI/CD , Dockers, Kubernetes, Azure/AWS
• Working experience with Microservices and understanding of Microservices architecture
• Experience developing for cloud architectures such as Azure or AWS
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment frameworks
• Experience in Airline Operations Domain is a definite plus.
• Excellent verbal communication skills; Good analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
Typical Education & Experience:
• Bachelor, Master or equivalent degree preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
Relocation: This Job offers Relocation
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.