About the team:
The MX System Test QA team takes pride in ensuring the end-to-end system of the Meraki MX and vMX product line is ready to use. The team works on, but is not limited to, testing customer use cases, integration testing, scalability testing, stress and longevity testing. This team is also responsible for qualifying security services such as malware detection, URL filtering, web security, IPS, threat modelling, SD-WAN and SaaS/IaaS security capabilities. Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve tens of millions of people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority.
About the Job:
Meraki is looking for a Senior Software QA Engineer to join to support system test qualification of our SD-WAN product offerings. As a Senior Software QA Engineer for System Test, your responsibility includes designing and building testbeds, creating and implementing the integrated/application tests that resemble customer use-case for SD-WAN and Security solutions over physical, cloud, on-prem MX products and Meraki Dashboard, and contributing to industry-leading technologies in the cloud ecosystem. As a part of a geographically distributed team, you will collaborate with multiple Meraki engineering teams and partners around the globe to develop a fully-furnished test strategy. To be successful in this role, you will need to have motivation, curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and experience with telco technologies and automation as a breath.
In addition to driving test strategy, test planning and performing testing on large-scale networks you will own technical leadership to a part to the MX System Test team to implement new insights to optimize and alleviate the team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the use cases/workflows of the MX and vMX solution deployed in the customer environment.
- Participate in requirements/design discussions with Product managers & development team and represent the QA team.
- Craft a test strategy document for the Meraki MX and vMX features and collaborate with other QA and development teams to cover all aspects of the features being developed.
- Execution of tests and reporting test results, and test metrics pertaining to these tests.
- Develop automation scripts in parallel or ahead with feature testing to enable CI/CD (i.e Automation Driven Testing)
- Identify, evaluate and propose new test tools and methodologies for improving system-level product testing.
- E2E ownership from feature system testing to production deployment to monitoring & alerting.
- Provide leadership & mentorship to the MX System Test team and guide junior engineers in developing test-plan and reviewing their work.
- Invest and be part of implementing innovation and out-of-the-box thinking to cultivate the originality of ideas to productize them.
What You Will Be Bringing
- Bachelor’s / Master of Science Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent or a related field, or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of experience in Software Quality assurance with at least 3+ years of System testing or integration testing experience in large-scale routing, switching and wireless domain.
- In-depth knowledge of SDWAN, Security, Layer-2(VLAN/802.1Q), Layer-3 (BGP/IP/OSPF/VPN/IPSec/NAT) and are at ease to ramp up quickly on new technologies and concepts.
- Proficiency in writing quality code with one of the programming or scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, and Golang.
- Fair knowledge with any one of Cloud or Containerized platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, AliCloud, ESXi, NSX-T, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Dockers, etc
- Good understanding of customer deployments and applying those findings to in-house testing and validations.
- Good understanding of traffic generators and ability to work on suggestions about tools and techniques to improve the testing methodology
- Experience building, supporting, maintaining, and scaling automation in a CI/CD environment.
- Knowledge of end-to-end testing of embedded devices at the system test level
- Experience with traffic profile creation based on traffic mix from different sources
- Effective communication skills and proven track record of collaboration with stakeholders.
What makes you stand out
- The ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature, platform, domain and enterprise teams, with a strong focus on business outcomes
- The ability to communicate sophisticated technical concepts clearly to peers and management
- Research of applications and Framework experience – Acquired patent(s), Published White-paper / Yellow paper on embedded solutions
- Experience with Automation framework and/or CI pipeline development
- Experience and certified with Cloud and Containerized platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, AliCloud, Kubernetes, Dockers, etc
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values! Everybody In means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cisco.com.