VMware vCenter Server 6.5/6.7 VMware ESXi 5.5-6.7 VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus / Standard VMware vSan VMware vRealize Operations Manager Complex VMware Troubleshooting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- 5 years of experience building complex VMWare configurations.
- Deployment, management, upgrades, and support of VMware technologies
- Administration of VMWare vSphere environments.
- Administration of ESX, DRS, HA, vSwitches, etc.
- Complex troubleshooting of VMware related issues
- Ability to use esxtop for console troubleshooting
- Utilize VMware PowerCLI and PowerShell for scripting/automation of tasks
- Team-oriented, self-driven expert who is able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work and collaborate with remote workers and management
- Ability to create up-to-date documentation for all systems
- Ability to effectively document technical work performed
- Performing capacity planning, workload modelling, and prediction. Ensuring systems maintenance of storage and related systems.
- Provides escalation support for VMware related incidents from tier 2 engineers
- Provide thoughtful review and guidance of VMware configurations
Education, Experience and/or Skills Required:
- BS degree or equivalent in computer science. Equivalent experience may be substituted for formal education
- 5+ years of VMWare experience
- Network troubleshooting, root cause analysis, host and network-based forensic experience
- VMware Certification (VCP) preferred.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the full VMware and suite and all functions.
- Availability to be on call 24/7
- Cisco UCS and Windows Server experience a bonus.
To apply for this job please visit epiqsystems.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.