Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested, and operational
- Perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when it occurs and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail
- Assist in analyzing, assigning, and escalating support calls
- Investigate third line support calls assigned and identify the root cause of incidents and problems
- Report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary
- Provide onsite technical support to clients and provide field engineering services to clients
- Conduct a monthly random review of incidents and service requests, analyze and recommend improvement in quality
- Provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by NTT
- Proactively identify opportunities for work optimization including opportunities for automation of work
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Ability to communicate and work across different cultures and social groups
- Ability to plan activities and projects well in advance, and takes into account possible changing circumstances
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook at work
- Ability to work well in a pressurized environment
- Ability to work hard and put in longer hours when it is necessary
- Ability to apply active listening techniques such as paraphrasing the message to confirm understanding, probing for further relevant information, and refraining from interrupting
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to place clients at the forefront of all interactions, understanding their requirements, and creating a positive client experience throughout the total client journey
As a Solutions Engineer the key responsibilities include:
- Daily management tasks such as client requests, maintenance Issues and platform updates
- Technical support in resolving incidents
- Ensure that the production infrastructure environment and core technologies are operating
- optimally at all times and are properly monitored
- Participate in project work, deployments and mi
- grations, collaborating with the Project Manager and
- other involved teams.
- Lead small projects from the technical perspective
- Expert in Linux distributions, including Red Hat / Centos, Debian / Ubuntu.
- Expert in management, setup and deployment in some of the following technologies and products (the merrier): webservers (Apache, Nginx), application Servers (Tomcat, Jboss, PHP), databases (Mysql, Postgress Oracle), mailservers (Postfix, Zimbra), clusters (Red Hat Cluster Suite).
- Experience in management, setup and deployment in some of the following infrastructure technologies (the more the merrier): virtualization (Vmware, Xen), storage (NAS, SAN), server hardware, datacenter.
- General knowledge in networking, servers,
- Internet protocols (HTTP, SMTP, DNS…)
- Scripting skills (Bash, Perl or Python)
- Cloud-related certification a plus (AWS, Azure, Google)
Previous Work Experience
- Five or more years of industry experience with Linux and Open Source products and dealing with customers in a DevOps or Systems Operations environment.
- Written and spoken English (fluent / native
- Advanced diploma, degree, or relevant qualification in IT/Computing (or demonstrated equivalent work experience)
To apply for this job please visit careers.services.global.ntt.