The Billing Analyst is responsible for preparing timely and accurate billings for a professional services and technology organization. This individual is responsible for assisting in the design, implementation and deployment of policies and procedures, as well as streamlining current billing processes. The successful candidate will be customer, creative and solution oriented, while delivering timely and high-quality results and able to pursue multiple concurrent initiatives.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Completion of monthly billing cycle from the recording and reporting of billing items to the creation of timely and accurate customer invoices
- Creation and reporting of supporting documentation on invoice for both internal and customer needs
- Documentation and delivery of invoice per client specifications. Researching customer inquiries related to services rendered
- Ability to analyze billing trends to identify reporting and recording inaccuracies and inefficiencies
- Ability to analyze contractual agreements to ensure services rendered are invoiced correctly and comply with audit requirements. When necessary, able to report on potential audit risks and contractual violations to internal business partners.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of contracts in the system to ensure it follows contractual agreement
- Engage with stakeholders for continuous improvements to billing process
- Research billing processes and report on potential improvement actions
- Analyze SharePoint and conduct comparison with SAP to ensure correct internal business partner assignments. Make corrections and updates as necessary
- Research all credit requests to confirm request meets audit requirements. Report on any deficiencies
- Conduct testing within QAS to ensure process/procedure changes will work within live environment. Report on any deficiencies.
- Produce off-calendar document review invoices by processing time within SAP, creating sales orders and finalizing invoices
- Utilize GRC to report on outstanding contract assignments. Provide report to department analysts. Reporting on trends within contract creations that result in excess rejections.
- Qualifications & Characteristics
- Knowledge of customer contractual arrangements
- Ability to understand complex pricing methods
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work well in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Positive attitude and strong customer focus
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced business environment
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related Business area
- 5+ years of billing experience preferred
- SAP Contract to Cash experience
To apply for this job please visit epiqsystems.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.