Role Description – Summary:
We are looking for a Java Developer to produce scalable software solutions on distributed systems like Hadoop using Spark Framework. He’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Developer, one should be comfortable around back-end coding, development frameworks, third party libraries and Spark APIs required for application development on distributed platform like Hadoop. Candidate should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. Familiarity with Agile methodologies, it will be an added advantage.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your key responsibilities
Key Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build features and applications which are capable of running on distributed platforms and/or cloud.
- Develop and manage well-functioning applications which support micro-services architecture.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Write technical & design documentation
- Write effective APIs (REST & SOAP)
- Proven experience as a Java Developer or similar role – as an individual contributor or development lead
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Strong Knowledge and working experience of Core Java, Spring Boot, Rest APIs, Spark API etc. is a must
- Knowledge of Junit, Mockito, or any other framework(s) is a must.
- Experiences with databases (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Familiar with developing on distributed application platform like Hadoop with Spark
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
- Experience working in Agile
- Good to have:
- Knowledge on Python would be a big plus.
- Knowledge on NoSQL databases like HBASE, MONGO.
- 4-6 years of prior working experience in a global banking / insurance/financial organization.
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
To apply for this job please visit db.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.