IT Helpdesk Engineer
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting firewall, router, switch and access point problems at local and remote offices.
- Install, maintain and upgrade equipment and its associated infrastructure.
- Provides network and host based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration
- Provide existing support for laptops (Mac and Windows) and applications
- Manage projects and maintenance tasks working ticketing system
- Monitors Network for usage anticipate and identify problems suggest solutions
- Implement the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems
- Work with 3rd party vendors and providers with support
- Ensure that system is resilient and can recover from outage
- Provide end user desktop support for Mac and Windows laptops
- Perform other tasks as requested by manager
- Ability to work in 24/7 shifts
- Knowledge in MDM administration
- Knowledge in Identity Provider administration and management such as Okta, OneLogin, Active Directory
- Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and MS AD) and possess an understanding of how to support these applications /protocols when access through VPN and Firewall appliances
- Hands on experience working with VPN technologies
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Expert-level skills with Windows and Mac OS
- Experience or knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Ability to learn quickly new or unfamiliar technologies and products, independently using documentation and online resources
Other Essential Skills:
- Interpersonal and communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences located in different geographical regions (USA and India)
- Ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve both complex and uncomplicated problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information
- Enjoys helping people
- Shows initiative and is motivated to undertake projects, research, and development opportunities on their own
- (3-7 Yrs) years of Helpdesk Support or IT related experience
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.