Boeing India is currently looking for an Associate Software Engineer to join their team in Chennai, TN. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) business organization.
- Estimate user stories/features (story point estimation) and tasks in hours with the required level of accuracy and commit them as part of Sprint Planning
- Contributes to the Backlog refinement meetings by promptly asking relevant questions to ensure requirements achieve the right level of DOR
- Works with the Product Owner to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality
- Raise any impediments/risks (technical/operational/personal) they come across and approaches Scrum Master/Technical Architect/PO accordingly to arrive at a solution
- Update the status and the remaining efforts for their tasks on a daily basis
- Ensures change requests are treated correctly and tracked in the system, impact analysis done and risks/timelines are appropriately communicated
- Develops working software towards committed Team PI Objectives and Iteration plans
- Delivers working software in accordance with expected quality standards
- Designs for testability: Design and evolve the system to support testability and test automation
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Technical Bachelor’s degree or Master degree
- Strong programming skill on Python, Tableau, Power BI preferred
- Basic Knowledge on Object oriented Programming Languages (JAVA,C++)
- Knowledge On PyQt application framework, TCL scripting, PyCharm IDE
- Good knowledge on Object Database Management System (ODBMS)
- Hands on experience on Web frameworks – preferably Bottle.
- Hands on experience with Python WSGI Application
- Hands on experience with Web services, JSON Data structures.
- Hands on experience with Mongodb and pymongo
- Experience with pyunit
- Knowledge on DevOps ,Clear case ,TFS and Software Engineering Best Practice
- Must have excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience in Aerospace domain with System Engineering Knowledge is an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools and languages.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones
- Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to earn trust, persuade, motivate and mentor other team members.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment
- Ability to independently execute & deliver on the backlog without dependency or hand-holding
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3-5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master + 2 years’ related work experience, etc.).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3-5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master + 2 years’ related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Experience in Python / Tableau / Power BI is a must
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.