The Boeing Company is currently looking for an Associate Electronics Parts Engineer to join the Parts Management Team located at Bangalore, India. The specific job level is 1, which includes candidate within 1-4 years of experience depending on the educational qualification.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- The engineer is required to be hands on and provide technical leadership in parts selection process, parts management process, derating guidelines and PPL/APL for standardization.
- Needs to have proven experience in counterfeit parts management and obsolescence management with capability to guide teams upon these activities over a lean environment.
- Needs to have experience in Obsolescence management and ROHS evaluation.
- Knowledge of Boeing processes is highly desirable and a good understanding upon application of these processes across various design assurance levels is a must.
- Coordinate with Program Engineering (Project, Design, Manufacturing, etc) to ensure safety of designs.
- Provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents. As a key role, he shall assist in estimates across hardware development lifecycle.
- This position supports initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development & customer engagement
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelors or Master’s degree electronics engineering or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge upon Product Life Cycle management and capability upon usage of tools like Teamcenter.
- Design for Manufacturing and Design for Testing.
- Component Engineering for parts management (obsolescence analysis, BOM management, counterfeit analysis and RAD hard analysis) .
- Knowledge of JEDEC, EIA and IPC standards.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Quality Assurance knowledge and practices for ECMP.
- Sound Knowledge on Processors, Memories, Passives, etc.
- Sound knowledge on PCN alerts, advising concerned teams upon such alerts, Data Management, Part Number Management
- Good Knowledge upon Aerospace processes and its applications.
- Understanding of configuration management, requirements traceability and related processes.
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently with minimum supervision, positive attitude and highest ethics.
- Proactively seek information and direction to optimally complete the statement of work.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and have high degree of proficiency with MS Office tools.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.