The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications. Oracle’s Infrastructure Cloud Object Storage team is Hiring Software Engineers, level commensurate with demonstrated achievements in the past and experience.
The object store team is responsible for a performant, scalable, highly available, and durable object store built from the ground up. We believe this team and mission sits squarely at the center of Oracle’s future and is an integral part of Oracle’s public cloud efforts.We have engineering work at every layer of the stack, from REST APIs to distributed systems to file systems, and we are looking for teammates who are interested in being part of a team that innovates from top to bottom. We believe that the only way to succeed is to own every part of the problem, and so we are creating a team that controls its own destiny. You will own development of new components and features, from initial concepts through design, implementation, test, and operation. Your intelligence and expertise will result in a sense of accomplishment as you create new features as well as oversee their use by customers in a production environment.
- Work with senior architects and product management to define requirements
- Design and implement new features
- Define and guide engineering processes and procedures
- Review code written by your peers to ensure correctness and fit with the team’s overall design principles
- Work with the team to operate services that host massive amounts of data
- BS in Computer Science; level commensurate with years of experience
- Proven experience with a major Object Oriented Programming language such as Java, C# or C++
- Deep understanding of data structures and design patterns
- Background in building, testing, and debugging robust production services
- Deep understanding of standard architectures for Distributed System
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
To apply for this job please visit eeho.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.