The methods on the response object (res) in the following list can send a response to the client, and terminate the request-response cycle. If none of these methods are called from a route handler, the client request will be left hanging.
- res.download() Prompt a file to be downloaded.
- res.end():End the response process.
- res.json():Send a JSON response.
- res.jsonp():Send a JSON response with JSONP support.
- res.redirect():Redirect a request.
- res.render():Render a view template.
- res.send():Send a response of various types.
- res.sendFile():Send a file as an octet stream.
- res.sendStatus():Set the response status code and send its string representation as the response body.