Testing database backups and recovery involves the following steps:
- Verifying that regular database backups are performed according to the defined schedule and backup strategy.
- Testing the restoration process by restoring backups to a test environment and validating the recovered data.
- Simulating different failure scenarios, such as hardware failures, system crashes, or data corruption, to ensure the database can be restored to a consistent state.
- Validating that the restored database is functionally and transactionally consistent with the original database.
- Verifying the integrity and completeness of restored data and confirming that all database objects and relationships are intact.