5G Technology specifications:
- 5G peak data rate: 20Gbps downlink and 10Gbps uplink.
- Low latency >1ms (URLLC) or maximum 4ms
- 5G peak spectral Efficiency: 30bits per Hz downlink and 15bits per Hz uplink
- 1000x bandwidth per unit area (Channel Bandwidth -100MHz below 6GHz and 400MHZ above 6GHz
- Connection density: At least 1 million connected devices per 0.38 square miles (1km)
- Uplink waveform: Option for Cyclic Prefix-Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (CP-OFDM)
- IoT devices: battery life greater than ten years
- 90% reduction in network energy usage
- Longest communication range
The new 5th generation is based on lower cost; decrease battery consumption and lower latency than 4G system. 5G networks have been designed for a smart world such as smart cities, smart healthcare, and driverless cars, transportation and most important concept of IOT. One precedence for the design of 5G networks is to lower barriers to network connectivity for IoT devices. Many big companies like Verizon, AT&T, China mobile, sprint, Samsung, and Nokia, among many others, are already investing huge money in this latest wireless system.AT&T plans to release cell 5G in the US this year, Verizon says it will release 5G for homes, and each T-Mobile and Sprint say that they’re launching 5G telephones early next year.