Data Operation Engineer (database):
This position is a part of the Operations team. We are looking for a Sr DBA engineers to support and improve and unify existing data stores. This is a new team; you will have a lot of impact in defining the architecture and establishing growth base.
What you will do:
- Support and improve stability and scalability of the system: Perform day to day tasks and maintenance. Define, test and replay switchover and DR procedures. Be part of effort to create a proper performance and capacity measuring system. Work on troubleshooting, analyzing and preventing production issues.
- Implement database standards: Get involve into designing, building, and launching data models (database, schemas, tables, etc.) based on best practices adopted by our company. Assist with data loading, extraction, transformation, etc. to ensure efficiency of the process. Manage SLAs for the various data sets
- Store data efficiently Define and automate data retention, archival and purging policies. Optimize accessibility and performance by finding ways to store large quantities of data.
What we are looking for:
- Expert knowledge of SQL (MySQL, Postgres).
- Strong performance tuning skill set.
- Ability to work with varied forms of data stores, including relational databases (MySQL), columnar store (e.g. Vertica), mapreduce (e.g. Hadoop) and column store.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Solid knowledge of Linux.
- Motivation and responsibility to support and improve stable and scalable data platform.
What we are hoping for:
- Hands-on experience with any of the technologies below
Spark, Presto, Hive, Kafka, AWS, Aerospike, Cassandra, Couchbase, HDFS, HBase, Hadoop, Puppet, Terraform, Postgres, Oracle, Elastic Search, RocksDB, Membase
- Rapid prototyping skills to develop tools that can help with the job.
To apply for this job please visit careers.adobe.com.