Model Risk Management Group (MRMG) within Global Risk Banking and Compliance Group, is responsible for the independent risk management of all American Express (AXP) models. It manages and controls model risk in order to elevate model excellence, strengthen long term Shareholder value and satisfy Regulatory expectations. The successful candidate would be part of MRMG and will be responsible for leading model risk reviews of consumer, small business and institutional models.
• Lead independent reviews of consumer, small business and institutional machine learning models and algorithms which include evaluating conceptual soundness, performance validation and on-going monitoring.
• Exploring the applicability of machine learning techniques in AXP models.
• Partner with technology teams to automate monitoring capabilities
• Drive strategic projects or research that drive or elevate model excellence, and regulatory preparedness
• Communicating results to partners, senior leadership and various model committees
Critical Factors to Success:
• Drive billing, revenue growth and profitability through advanced analytical techniques
• Maximize business returns by institutionalizing efficient and accurate models.
• Innovate modeling techniques and variable creation
• Ensure modeling accuracy and enhance modeling efficiency in existing processes using Machine Learning
2. Leadership Outcomes:
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
4+ years experience in analytics , big data workstreams
MBA, Master’s Degree In Economics, Statistics Or Related Fields From Top Tier Institute
- Hands-on model development or validation experience
- Strong Analytical and Relationship and project management skills for driving validation initiatives.
- Experience in applying advanced statistical and/or quantitative techniques to solve business problems is preferred.
- Good Verbal, Written, Interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Willingness to Collaborate with Cross-Functional teams to drive validation and Project Execution.
- Effectively communicating complex Analytical results to Business Partners and Senior Management.
- Flexibility and Adaptability to Work Within tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Experience with data manipulation tools such as R, JAVA, SQL and SAS is a must have.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To apply for this job please visit aexp.eightfold.ai.