What will you be doing?
• This role requires both hands-on development, plus some overall development planning responsibilities i.e. Effort estimation by providing timelines with no. of resources required.
• Decision making capability with respect to development scope, timelines, quality and risk and communicate all decisions to the PM and escalate issues to Management in a timely manner.
• Identifying development scope from project documentation, liaise with business analyst and lead in order to understand the scope of development.
• Work closely with business analysts to ensure appropriate coverage and discover any loop holes
• Ensure functionality is developed against requirements, validate that the solution is fit for purpose and supports the full end-to-end client business process.
• Align activities to strategic goals of programme and the firm such as Agile, DevOps, Lean, etc
• Work closely with Run the Bank and Operations team and assist them with resolving queries from business and external or internal auditors.
• Communicate effectively and with clarity with the teams across different locations and cultural backgrounds.
What we’re looking for:
• 4+ years of Core Java, Spring framework experience.
• 4+ years of experience in the areas of Multithreading, Memory management and handling high volumes
• of data processing, microservices.
• Excellent Enterprise Java, Frameworks, SQL and Interface Technology knowledge.
• JVM performance tuning, garbage collection optimisation experience will be helpful.
• Knowledge of investment banking front to back processes and Operations.
• SQL and Unix working experience is mandatory.
• Good experience with medium-large scale projects.
• Individual contributor who can work with midsize team.
• Good experience with Agile methodologies and java technologies.
• Quick learner, self-Starter with ability to drive execution.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with business and technology stakeholders.
• Structured approach to problem solving and ability to manage parallel streams of work.
• BTech or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Physics, Maths or other relevant subjects.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good experience of regulatory projects (particularly in the areas of Operations)
• Worked on Micro services and Cloud related technologies.
• Very good understanding of DevOps processes and tools.
Where will you be working?
To apply for this job please visit search.jobs.barclays.